Saturday, August 6, 2016

Crafts with used stamps.

I used to collect stamps.  From when I was about 10 years old, up until a few years ago, but by then I had long lost interest in saving, soaking, peeling, and putting them in albums.  So I sold most of the albums to a stamp dealer, and hung on to the few albums that I wished to keep.  Old habits die hard, and I still tear stamps off envelopes and toss them into a tin for some future purpose.

I have seen this technique before, but I saw it again on Pinterest recently, and decided to play :-)
The idea is that you glue stamps close together on a sheet of paper, then cut out a shape.
So I glued stamps on to paper last night, giving them time to dry.


I don't know what other people do, but I figured the best way to get a good shape is to draw an outline on the reverse side of the paper, and cut it out from there.  I chose to draw a rooster.


I will do this again, but first I'll look for a different glue, as I only had Modge Podge, Napkin Glue, Glue sticks and white craft glue.  I tried all of them, but none were really suitable, and the best of the lot was Modge Podge.

No comments:

Post a Comment